- Allow for recreational fisheries to be managed using more appropriate management tools
- Modify the annual catch limit requirement to allow for more adaptive approaches
- Require managers in the southeastern U.S. to perform long-overdue examinations of fishery allocations, based on modern criteria
- Limit the spread of catch share programs that have negatively impacted anglers and fishing communities
- Promote consideration of new data collection methods that could improve fisheries management and conservation
- Ensure exempted fishing permits help fisheries management and conservation — rather than the status quo which can hinder both
Time is critical – the Modern Fish Act will be heard in Senate Committee TOMORROW so make your voice heard – Click HERE to make a difference for the future of our fisheries.